A Royal Enfield forum for the people

Feel free to talk about whatever is on your mind
By Tim
I have dipped my toe in the riding gear universe. I want to say I would have never done this willingly. I learned a long time ago, if you want to make any money stay far far away from apparel. But my guy threw some in the box and said see what you can do. It won't be much, I think you can tell that from my attitude. :roflol

I know zero about riding gear standards / expectations. Does anyone have first hand experience with CorDura fabric?
https://www.cordura.com/en/market-segments/motorcycle

Or SAS-Tec armor?

https://www.sas-tec.de/en/

What is the gold standard in the U.S.? All I remember hearing about is Gortex. I googled it and it seems to be a product or partner of Under Armor. Of course I have heard of it, Under Armor markets like McDonalds!

Thanks Royal Enfield peeps!
By DanFromVegas
Cordura is a brand of nylon. There are others. They measure the weave by "denier". Bigger numbers are supposed to be better. Like thread count on bedsheets. For years the Aerostich one piece suit was the gold standard. In fact the only acceptable garb for BMW riders that didn't come with the blue and white emblem. They made their own padding, or armor and were/are very proud of it. The standard these days is the European CE armour.

Most stuff comes from the Far East and is reasonably priced but may be of marginal quality. A few years back when cafe racers became the rage there was a resurgence of waxed cotton. It's what Grandad wore so it must be good. I'll admit, it looked cool and I bought one. I can wash it and hang it in a closet and when I come back it will be dirty. It either sucks dirt out of the air or makes its own. But in spite of being sort of water resistant, it feels clammy and cold at anything under 80 degrees F. And it weighs a ton. And in spite of having lots of vents it is sweltering at any temperature above 80 degrees F.

My latest is made in England, has CE armour, a high tech abrasion resistant liner and an outer shell that looks like tweed. It makes me look like a college professor and the shoulder padding makes me look less fat.

Of course if you really want that Marlon Brando look, Schott NY is still making the leather jacket he wore. I have one but in recent years it seems to have shrunk.
By OlBilford
Knox seems to making some nice groundbreaking strides in armor.... Goldtop makes some awesome jackets with the option for the full line of Knox armors... I’m sorry Tim,I know this is a little off topic!! I been quiet too long! Hahaha As nice and comfy as modern textiles are for rider protection.... I like to wear good old leather,much to the amusement of my friends who love to crack Rob Halford jokes when they run into me in “full kit”. He is one of the greatest singers in hard rock heavy metal...so I’ll deal.. whenever I’m confronted with the question”are you hot in all that?” I just say not if I’m moving!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]