A Royal Enfield forum for the people

Feel free to talk about whatever is on your mind
By Tim
I found this beast the other day. Does anyone else think that if Hot Wheels put out some Royal Enfield models it would be about the coolest thing ever? The Big Head could be the super treasure hunt, or maybe the trike.
Attachments
IMG_20191207_110622.jpg
IMG_20191207_110622.jpg (1004.34 KiB) Viewed 2519 times
By swamp2
Consistent with my history of liking non-mainstream bikes, I went off on a several year long Buell binge when Harley shut them down in 2009. My first was an 1125CR, purchased new for 5000 off the MSRP as part of the close out. So of course had to pick up this (technically this is an R - not a CR - but pretty close).

The bike was NUTS. 146 HP, 376 lbs. A little different than a RE single. I went on to have an X1, S3, XB9R, XB12SS, and even a Blast (aha! another single cylinder in my past!). They were a lot of fun, a lot of unique engineering. I don't have any Buell's anymore, but kept the toy!

Kind of a weird trend, I got interested in Buell's after they got shut down. I bought an "old" Victory after Polaris shut them down. And I now have 2 RE 500's about the same time they get discontinued. Hmmm...

Anyway, I'd love one of these in a Bullet, B5, C5, G5 - any would be awesome!
Attachments
1125r 1.JPG
1125r 1.JPG (498.9 KiB) Viewed 2509 times
By gashousegorilla
Pretty cool. When I was a kid in grammar school ... way back ! Some hot wheel reps came in and selected a few of us to go down the factory and play with their cars and tracks and see how we liked them. Then they gave up each a set to take home. Talk about a young kids dream ! Anybody remember Johnny Lightning Cars ?
By OlBilford
swamp2 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:27 pm Consistent with my history of liking non-mainstream bikes, I went off on a several year long Buell binge when Harley shut them down in 2009. My first was an 1125CR, purchased new for 5000 off the MSRP as part of the close out. So of course had to pick up this (technically this is an R - not a CR - but pretty close).

The bike was NUTS. 146 HP, 376 lbs. A little different than a RE single. I went on to have an X1, S3, XB9R, XB12SS, and even a Blast (aha! another single cylinder in my past!). They were a lot of fun, a lot of unique engineering. I don't have any Buell's anymore, but kept the toy!

Kind of a weird trend, I got interested in Buell's after they got shut down. I bought an "old" Victory after Polaris shut them down. And I now have 2 RE 500's about the same time they get discontinued. Hmmm...

Anyway, I'd love one of these in a Bullet, B5, C5, G5 - any would be awesome!
I’m fairly certain that maisto makes a c5 in black and military green.
By Tim
OlBilford wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:13 pm I’m fairly certain that maisto makes a c5 in black and military green.
500 with the inline form? ABS?
By OlBilford
No,I’m sure it’s a 350 with rear drum....hahah
By Tim
OlBilford wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:27 pm No,I’m sure it’s a 350 with rear drum....hahah
I got impatient and looked it up. They claim it's a 500, I guess I would have to measure the bore to be sure. :mrgreen:
By OlBilford
Damn I should have went and looked...that’s a common issue in my life...running my mouth before I know the facts....hahahha
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]