A Royal Enfield forum for the people

By swamp2
The RE dealer in Albany NY is advertising a new '19 650 in Orange crush for $5499 out the door. That strikes me as an amazing deal, and I LOVE the orange!

It's a good thing GHG has influenced me to spend all that money on go fast(er) parts for my 500's, or I might weaken...

It is a real problem in NY in the winter. We don't get many chances to ride, so we have too much time to find bike-related ways to spend money.
By Tim
What is the standard MSRP, $6,500?
By swamp2
I think it's $5799, but then there's usually dealer prep and freight on top of it. So "normal" price would around $6350, I think.
By DanFromVegas
swamp2 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:35 pm I think it's $5799, but then there's usually dealer prep and freight on top of it. So "normal" price would around $6350, I think.
That is a great price! OTD means different things in different places. Some collect DMV fees and taxes. I know "dealer prep" is a tradition in the industry but I thought RE prepped all US bikes before they got to the dealer.
By swamp2
Yeah - this dealer's ad says DMV/sales tax isn't included. So it's not truly OTD pricing... but that's still a pretty good price on a new 650.
By OlBilford
I wonder if these awesome prices are going to change in the near future. The msrp on them are amazingly close to the singles.
By swamp2
OlBilford wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:13 pm I wonder if these awesome prices are going to change in the near future. The msrp on them are amazingly close to the singles.
This same dealer is advertising a 2018 500 Classic Stealth black for the same price (5499) as the 650.
By OlBilford
See, most folk would go straight to the twin... most as in all...hahah
By Tim
swamp2 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:36 pm This same dealer is advertising a 2018 500 Classic Stealth black for the same price (5499) as the 650.
It's a well known fact the 500 platform is being discontinued (stupid in my opinion), but do we know when? Are there 2020 500's?
By swamp2
OlBilford wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:49 pm See, most folk would go straight to the twin... most as in all...hahah
To me, the beauty of the 500 is it's anachronistic nature. I'm afraid I'd find the 650 too civilized and lacking in character. However, I realize most of the buying public doesn't feel the same way...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]