A Royal Enfield forum for the people

Feel free to talk about whatever is on your mind
By Tim
I am on the Aldi Facebook group but it's getting obnoxious. When I joined less then a year ago there were 10K members or less . Today they are pushing 1 million, I checked out around 30K. That is too many creeps for me. I am going to try and get my Aldi fix here!

I grew up with Aldi but my wife is from northern California, she had never heard of it until she moved to Minnesota. There we would split our needs between Aldi and Hy-Vee. 5 years later when we moved back to California she was seriously jonesing for her Aldi fix. When we moved to Fort Forth 2 years later the fact that there was an Aldi less then 10 minutes away played a big factor in getting the green light, no joke. Now that we live in the metro our Aldi gets all of the good stuff and we shop there exclusively with exception of some Costco mega buys.

OBF I hope you have read this far LOL. Does your Aldi have the bakery and full blown booze section?

I have my eye on this gem. The Aldi pros know if there are 5 or more on the shelf it's worth the risk to let it ride because next week they will be on clearance.
Attachments
20200118_140220.jpg
20200118_140220.jpg (157.04 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
By OlBilford
A bakery!? Hell no we don’t have a bakery, that’s enough to make me want to move...that’s about the only thing we do not have at our locale...we do have a fair booze section,some of my favorite wine is theirs... the bakery tho...man,I wish we had one... I bet we wouldn’t buy as much from it as I would like to think..we actually have a bread guy...hahahah typically my wife won’t even let me go,cuz I bitch she’s taking too long and I want stuff like a kid sometimes...hahaha aldi in the early 90s was a sad and dark place,it was where me and my roommates had to shop for no name frozen dinners and month old bread ,we were so poor...thought we were gonna be rock stars in Dayton Ohio....I worked at the big lots next door to it.. it was like a David lynch movie in there...everyone looked sad and there were card tables with smelly boxes of old cabbage and over ripe bananas. I hated going in there. There were these frozen chicken Kiev things we used to buy by what seemed like the dozen...some weird soup that looked like the Campbell’s label,but was NOT Campbells.man,those were the days. I rode a 1976 bmw r65...rain sleet or snow..bald ass tires,I feel like I slid out all the time...headlight would always fall out..hahahah Anyway, now aldi is full of seriously great gourmet food at the same reasonable price that made us have to go there in the “day”. I actually saw a YouTube video a English fella bought some aldi riding gear! WTF!? It didn’t look as high quality as the guy in the video was proclaiming,but heck...something is sometimes better than nothing!
By Tim
All the remodels / new locations get bakeries and more booze. What's concerning to me is, there are reports of some locations eliminating the Aldi Finds (middle aisle). That's my favorite part. It brings some adventure to shopping.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200119-160455.jpg
Screenshot_20200119-160455.jpg (896.46 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Screenshot_20200119-160551.jpg
Screenshot_20200119-160551.jpg (898.61 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
By OlBilford
See now,they just remodeled our closest one with no bakery...so I suspect not quite all are getting them...I’m fairly certain the two in our neck have both bee done and neither have said bakery,but both have Adventureland...I am jealous of the expanded alcohol...odb is a drinker!
Last edited by OlBilford on Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By swamp2
Sigh... Our Aldi has neither a booze section nor a bakery - and it was just remodeled last year. But it's only 1/2 mile from our house so we're fond of it anyway!

Before I was retired, I was managing a subcontract with a company in Mason, so flew through Dayton all the time. Never spent much time there other than at a bar near the airport (Bunkers, I believe) as I saved lot going there compared to drinking in the airport. Not that this has anything at all to do with Royal Enfields...
By Tim
One time I rode to the next town over, so I could buy all of the seasonal Marathon chicken patties. Loaded the sidecar down with nine boxes. Lol.

That's something I don't understand, maybe someone can enlighten me. When Aldi first started selling the Marathon chicken patties they were seasonal. That I can grasp they want to test the market blah blah blah. Marathon has since started packaging them under Aldi's brand Kirkwood. But they are still stinking seasonal. Why?

If any one is into chicken these patties are amazing, most chicken patties suck, these do not.
By Tim
OlBilford wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:17 pm See now,they just remodeled our closest one with no bakery...so I suspect not quite all are getting them...I’m fairly certain the two in our neck have both bee done and neither have said bakery,but both have Adventureland...I am jealous of the expanded alcohol...odb is a drinker!
I guess I'm wrong...that never happens. I guess they are unicorns. I have ever seen one in person.
By OlBilford
No! I am saying we are too crappy to get the upgrade!hahahha
By OlBilford
swamp2 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:18 pm Sigh... Our Aldi has neither a booze section nor a bakery - and it was just remodeled last year. But it's only 1/2 mile from our house so we're fond of it anyway!

Before I was retired, I was managing a subcontract with a company in Mason, so flew through Dayton all the time. Never spent much time there other than at a bar near the airport (Bunkers, I believe) as I saved lot going there compared to drinking in the airport. Not that this has anything at all to do with Royal Enfields...
I think it does,we are chatting and we have Enfield in common,it’s a good starting point!
By OlBilford
So,I been tinkering in the garage all weekend and it just dawned on me,I have these great folding step stools from Aldi,that I couldn’t live without...I sit on them,use them for tables,fill my bird feeders...good sturdy plastic...cheap as sin... hizzah for Aldi..
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]