A Royal Enfield forum for the people

By Tim
OlBilford wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:47 pm Upon thinking about it I maybe shouldn’t have been out there yanking on it!hahahahha seriously tho,since we are on the subject of emissions.. whenever I consider removing my emissions hoodoo, I recall being advised against it. Is there any benefit to leaving it outfitted? That can don’t bug me as much as some folk, nor does the plumbing..but it sure would look better without it.
No one in an official capacity can legally advise you to remove equipment that is required in order to meet government regulations. But if you chose to remove it, the bike will run the same.

Is that correct GHG? It's just a recycling mechanism no performance gain or loss?
By gashousegorilla
Yup . No gain , no loss in that particular case with that tank vet contraption/charcoal canister contraption. . It's crazy California emission stuff. It's only there to prevent the minute amount of gasoline vapor, from venting to the atmosphere. That is what a regular vented gas cap does on a motorcycle. It just pulls those vapors through a filter ... with manifold vacuum at the intake and burns them off. I don't know if they inspect out there for it or not ? But ME ? I would scrap that ugly contraption if I could. Easy to do ... as long as there is a tank vent inside that filler neck.
By OlBilford
awesome! I didn’t think it was that big a deal,buuuuut.. you just never know sometimes. It would certainly free up some real estate.
By Tim
OlBilford wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:13 pm awesome! I didn’t think it was that big a deal,buuuuut.. you just never know sometimes. It would certainly free up some real estate.
Don't throw it in the trash. Keep it with the other stuff you'll never use again, but if you did need it you wouldn't want to re-buy it.

All that stuff is super spendy because it's not made in India. For example, the simple check valve that should be $0.50 is a Benz valve so the resale is insane.

Not sure how accurate this is but I am under the impression Royal Enfield can't change the parts without having to recertify. So whatever they strapped on at the time is what they are stuck with.
By OlBilford
I never throw anything away...hahaha my wife hates it and my garage looks like a tornado has hit it,but alas I am what I am...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]