A Royal Enfield forum for the people

By Tim
When I removed the tank the nipple on the throttle body, for the emissions hose, came loose. Note I was being gentle, as proof I did NOT break off the fuel pump nipple.

Does anyone know if this thing is just a press fit? There are no jagged edges so it doesn't appear that I broke it off. It seems odd to me that it just sits in there.

I will probably remove all the emissions stuff, but that doesn't change the fact that I have to know :!: :shock:
By Tim
gashousegorilla wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:18 pm Your pictures didn't come though Tim ? All I see is a big " - " sign .
I can see the pictures, can anyone else?
By OlBilford
Tim wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:55 pm
gashousegorilla wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:18 pm Your pictures didn't come though Tim ? All I see is a big " - " sign .
I can see the pictures, can anyone else?
I cannot see any pictures either,tho I could earlier..
By Tim
How about now?

Google is a beast, apparently I am the only one that can see the pictures when I use a Google photo's link
By OlBilford
Yessir!
I went and poked round my California model, and it appears to be pressed in. It didn’t fall out on me..
By Tim
OlBilford wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:18 pm Yessir!
I went and poked round my California model, and it appears to be pressed in. It didn’t fall out on me..
Thanks for checking!
By gashousegorilla
I can see them now ! Yeah, it looks press fit with those ridges around it... Kind of crappy unsealed fit. Good spot for a Vacuum leak. I would put some fuel resistant permatex or even a small O ring around that pub section of the pipe before you push it back in. And plug the other end of that hose.... a small screw or bolt pushed into it , with a worn clamp around it to seal it.
By OlBilford
Upon thinking about it I maybe shouldn’t have been out there yanking on it!hahahahha seriously tho,since we are on the subject of emissions.. whenever I consider removing my emissions hoodoo, I recall being advised against it. Is there any benefit to leaving it outfitted? That can don’t bug me as much as some folk, nor does the plumbing..but it sure would look better without it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]