A Royal Enfield forum for the people

By Tim
I don't really need the new shop bike running for it to serve it's intended purpose. But I don't think I could hold my head high if I just left it in a coma.

The first order of business will be cleaning the tank, which is easy enough if it doesn't need to be lined.

When it comes to the injector I don't really know what's needed or the best practice. First up, to clean the injector do you need to fire it? If so, can this be done without a fancy tool?

What are some opinions on fuel treatment injector cleaner? I recently have some experience with bringing dead Harleys back to life. Someone brings in a trade that ran good in 2012 when I parked it. Won't idle won't idle. A full bottle of the spendy cleaner and a gallon of gas later...blamo she idles good enough for the auction. :ugeek: So I know it "works" but is it a good idea? Just a band aid and I will have to do it right later?
By swamp2
I just went through this bringing my G5 to life. The injector comes out easy, you don't have to remove the throttle body or anything like that. Just disconnect the electrical plug, undo 1 nut (IIRC), move the little retaining bar and it'll pull right out.

You need to actuate it to clean it on the bench. Here's my set up, just find an old wall wart you don't need of 6-12 Vdc. Put some kind of in-line momentary switch on one of the wall wart lead and then terminate with appropriate sized female fast on connectors. Then you need a squeeze bottle you can squirt a bunch of carb cleaner into (stuff from a spray can works better than stuff meant to be dumped in a gas tank as it's a lot less viscous). Plug the wall wart in, connect the fast ons to the injector (polarity doesn't matter). Connect the squeeze bottle (a big syringe would work better, actually) to the injector inlet with a short length of hose. Invert and squeeze the bottle to pressurize it while toggling the switch on and off repeatedly.

Mine started out blocked, and after doing this for a couple minutes ended up with a very nice fan spray out of it. I've done the same thing with other injected bikes.
Attachments
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG (3.56 MiB) Viewed 1667 times
By Tim
swamp2 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:41 pm I just went through this bringing my G5 to life. The injector comes out easy, you don't have to remove the throttle body or anything like that. Just disconnect the electrical plug, undo 1 nut (IIRC), move the little retaining bar and it'll pull right out.

You need to actuate it to clean it on the bench. Here's my set up, just find an old wall wart you don't need of 6-12 Vdc. Put some kind of in-line momentary switch on one of the wall wart lead and then terminate with appropriate sized female fast on connectors. Then you need a squeeze bottle you can squirt a bunch of carb cleaner into (stuff from a spray can works better than stuff meant to be dumped in a gas tank as it's a lot less viscous). Plug the wall wart in, connect the fast ons to the injector (polarity doesn't matter). Connect the squeeze bottle (a big syringe would work better, actually) to the injector inlet with a short length of hose. Invert and squeeze the bottle to pressurize it while toggling the switch on and off repeatedly.

Mine started out blocked, and after doing this for a couple minutes ended up with a very nice fan spray out of it. I've done the same thing with other injected bikes.
That's my kinda setup, thanks!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]