A Royal Enfield forum for the people

By Tim
Does anyone know what these nubs on the tank are, and what they are for?

By gashousegorilla
Wuut the hail ? They look like AN hose fittings Tim . What's under those caps ?

They look like they might be fuel cell tip over valves.... or tank vents that someone put in there. Perhaps because that is a California bike , which use to have that charcoal tank vent arrangement on it originally ? I don't know why they would have to do that though ? There should be a vent tube under the gas cap, , that runs down to the bottom of the tank , and out . That gas cap does not look vented ...
By Tim
gashousegorilla wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:44 am Wuut the hail ? They look like AN hose fittings Tim . What's under those caps ?
When I first saw them I got excited because I thought they were inserts for a parcel rack But they sit too high, a rack would bind with the gas cap.

Not sure what is under the caps. I got home from the 1st job and snuck into the garage for 45 seconds before I has to start kid watch duties. :roflol My wife it adamant that it's NOT babysitting when they are your own! I will get a closer look tomorrow.

All of the CA stuff is still there (for now), the can, the purge valve, it looks to be complete.
By Tim
I pulled the cap off, it's a straight through threaded nipple.

By Tim
gashousegorilla wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:21 pm Very odd . No picture again Tim
You can't see the picture?
By Tim
I think you are right GHG the nubs are for venting. I am cleaning the tank and see, there is definitely an internal line going from the nipple to the fuel hose pickup. I feel like my kids why, why, why?

Why go through all that trouble?

Why isn't the stock "Triumph" (vented) cap on the tank

Why are there no decals on the tank?

I have a wild theory. I think this is the bike that went through the initial CARB testing.
By gashousegorilla
That test bike theory makes sense ! I can so no other reason why they would be on there Tim ? If you look at the inside of that fitting, it is tapered... like the seat of a ball type check valve. Maybe the inner'ds are gone .. If there is no vent tube under the neck of that filler cap , that goes through the tank , and out the bottom . They would need to do something like that there.

You have a picture pointed inside the filler neck ring area of that tank Tim ?
By Tim
Definitely has the vent.

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]