A Royal Enfield forum for the people

By swamp2
Tim wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:20 pm There are 6 pages to this thread, I think it's safe to say you caught the bug. Look away as you hit the "confirm order" button and enjoy the pipe. 8-)
I blame GHG for filling my head with crazy ideas! My bargain G5 is turning into less of a bargain... :?
By gashousegorilla
Oh suuure ... Blame me !? Muhahaha ! :D Hey... any nit wit can go out and just buy a fast bike . It takes REel men to take a slow obscure bike and make it fast....-ish !? Hahaha ! ;) It's fun stuff...
By swamp2
An unusual dry January day in the mid-40's up here in sunny Rochester NY today. Went out for a bit of romp on the G5, then came back and installed my used ebay power commander V and O2 eliminator. Installation was easy, no problems other than fighting with an intermittent starter solenoid connection which had nothing to do with the PC-V, of course. Anyway, I loaded the map from the Dynojet site as a first try. Bike is stock other than my modified Harley muffler. I have to say, I love the results so far. It revs snappier, pulls harder, and just feels and sounds happier. Honestly if the bike was like this stock, I never would've felt the need to mess with it. I thought the bike ran decent before, it just felt like it wanted to give a bit more than it was - and now it is (after a 10 mile test drive).

My autotune came in the mail today too. I'm not going to mess with that until I've got a pipe that's worth welding the O2 sensor bung in. But for now, I'm sufficiently pumped! :b2
By gashousegorilla
NICE ! No hick ups .. no dead spots.. no trailer hitching and etc.? Start up , warm up, idle fuel seem to be OK now ? or still a bit rich ?
By swamp2
Idle richness seemed pretty much the same, but I guess that's not surprising given the map shows zero adjustment down there. It'll be something to fiddle with. Or at least let the autotune take care of once I get that up and running. One weird thing, when I was installed it the other day, the CEL was on as soon as I installed it, but yesterday i started it up just to hear it run, and the light never came on again. Not sure what that was about.
By gashousegorilla
The yellow highlighted cell tracer Steve ? Where the box box is lit up , showing what throttle and rpm your in ? If you want to check that set up , or enable it. Go to options... environment options and check the box under table cell tracer. When the bike is running and hooked up to the PC-V , it will show you at what throttle position and rpm you are at. With the bike running and at idle , hooked up to the PC-V... I would make sure your % throttle reads zero . If not... say it reads 1 %.. you will need to calibrate the TPS.

If you want to mess around for now with the idle and start up fuel and etc... and remember you can always to back to where you started with that map saved. .... try putting in at the zero % throttle and from 500 rpm's....

500 rpms.... -10
750 rpms... -5
1000 rpms... -5
1250-rpms...-5
1500 rpm...+10

Just take out a little at a time in that area, and see how it responds at start up and idle. The fuel added at around 1500 , will help keep the idle speed from racing too high .
By swamp2
Hey GHG - sorry to confuse, I was referring to the "check engine light" or MIL or whatever that light is called next to the low fuel indicator. Not sure why it was on, and not sure why it went away unless it took some time to get used to the O2 sensor eliminator.

Anyway, I'll start experimenting with the low rpm fuel a bit at a time, thanks for the guidance. Comprehensive experiments are few and far between at this time of the year, unfortunately.

Oh and I did notice my TPS was reading 2% at full stop so I performed the calibration on it, fixed that right up.
By gashousegorilla
OH . Yeah , I got ya. Good deal. Could have been with the Mil light ? Not saying you did, but just a heads up... if the key is on ,and the kill switch is set to the run position , and if any of the sensor are unplugged it will throw a code to the Mil light and ECU. Once the plug is plugged back in the Mil light will go out. But that code will be stored in the ECU if you ever have a need to check them.
By Tim
Tim wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:35 am
gashousegorilla wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:36 am There are not a lot of "canned maps" offered by Dynojet for these bikes ,
Swamp send me an email, I can help you with "canned" maps.

gashousegorilla wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:36 am . And the black dot , refers to the colored dot next to the part number . Black meaning export ECU... I believe the Indian domestic ECU's have green dot ? Tim can confirm that , or you can look at your on your bike.
I will look at my bike, but I think the dot is just an inspection mark. Every market has a unique part number for their ECU.
It took me lot longer then expected to look at the ECU. The paint mark on mine in green. If you find yourself needing one mine is currently up for sale. https://www.ebay.com/itm/164087945183

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]