A Royal Enfield forum for the people

By swamp2
Hmmm... well, I guess I can understand how this works with the auto tune then. But that's getting into a bit more expense and sophistication than I had really planned on or thought I 'd need. Same with setting it up on a dyno. I put a modified Harley muffler (no cat converter) on the G5, certainly less restrictive than the stock guy. Running ok although getting some popping on decel, so figure it needs a little tuning. But even dead stock, I understand the bike could run better with some intelligent enrichening. When I look at the dynojet and installation instructions, it makes no mention of removing the O2 sensor. But they only have 1 map available - description is "European model Stock exhaust Stock or aftermarket replacement air filter Dynojet O2 eliminator fitted 8809-100174 ECU (Black dot)". I was hoping they'd have a broader selection of maps available. Is this map close enough? And I have to get the O2 eliminator to use it apparently? Are there more maps available somewhere?

Again, my objectives are just to make it run as well as it can within some low cost boundaries, not trying to build a monster bullet...
By gashousegorilla
swamp2 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:32 pm Hmmm... well, I guess I can understand how this works with the auto tune then. But that's getting into a bit more expense and sophistication than I had really planned on or thought I 'd need. Same with setting it up on a dyno. I put a modified Harley muffler (no cat converter) on the G5, certainly less restrictive than the stock guy. Running ok although getting some popping on decel, so figure it needs a little tuning. But even dead stock, I understand the bike could run better with some intelligent enrichening. When I look at the dynojet and installation instructions, it makes no mention of removing the O2 sensor. But they only have 1 map available - description is "European model Stock exhaust Stock or aftermarket replacement air filter Dynojet O2 eliminator fitted 8809-100174 ECU (Black dot)". I was hoping they'd have a broader selection of maps available. Is this map close enough? And I have to get the O2 eliminator to use it apparently? Are there more maps available somewhere?

Again, my objectives are just to make it run as well as it can within some low cost boundaries, not trying to build a monster bullet...
Decel popping is pretty normal whenever change the muffler to a greater or lesser extent . Most stock exhaust systems decel pop ... but you don't hear them doing it , because they are so heavily baffled. The stock head pipe on these bikes also have a bit of an expansion chamber in them. It's a pipe inside a pipe , with space between the two. And with the heavily baffled and restricted stock muffler ... you don't hear nothing. But as I'm sure you know , being too lean or too rich can cause it as well. POP! ..POP! .. POP! ... POP !. .. POP! EVERY TIME you roll off the throttle to shift gears, or rev the motor up under a heavy load and roll off, is a sure sign the mix is off though. When the bike is tuned , it will eliminate most of that ... it gets annoying after time. And with a good EFI tuner, you can clean up the last of that stuff if there is any left , by adding or reducing fuel in a closed throttle position. But a little bit of decal popping here or there ain't a big deal. I'd keep an eye on your plug, and your head pipe for bluing in the mean time. Blue is a lean hot mixture ... and that is what the exhaust valve would be seeing.

Dynojet... at least as of last year.... started to NOT provide the o2 cheater, or optimizer as they call it. Why ? What I got out of them after calling in, was basically they are covering their asses with CARB and the EPA. Defeating a pollution control devise is a NO.. NO. ;) You can't alter ANYTHING on a bike for road use as far as pollution controls ... depending or your state or fed government , or how much or little they want to enforce such laws. And Dynojet being likely being the BIGGEST target for a crack down.. I figured they laid off such things. People can't even offer for sale PC-V's in California now I believe, or shipped to a California address. And shops there as I under stand it, will get a 10, fine for putting a bike on a Dyno and alter it's fueling and etc. There was a big sell off on PC-V's last year from California retailer's if you noticed on Ebay. Anyway... if you want to tune your bike now they way one wants with a PC-V, you have buy that cheater yourself from another source.... they are about 20 bucks ? OR ... make your own for a few penny's with a couple of resisters.

Anyways... i would at the very least use that EJK . And confirm with them that they still do in fact offer the o2 cheater with their model. They are not as big as a target as Dynojet ? ;)

There are not a lot of "canned maps" offered by Dynojet for these bikes , because they are not a popular bike. Honda and Harley... there are TONS of them. Those canned maps are usually map at their facility in Vegas I believe. HOT... Dry ... High altitude Vegas. They are usually not "perfect" , but close enough. The one in the PC-V for the Enfield that you get from them , I believe was made by Hitchcock's or Dynojet UK.... and likely on there untainted with ethanol petrol , and at or near sea level. And by their description of the map , and me looking at it here... it is basically for a stock bike , to make it a little better. The fuel changes are not radical. It's for a stock exhaust system , and a stock or after market filter. An aftermarket filter , installed in the stock air box, will not make all that much of a difference BTW. And the black dot , refers to the colored dot next to the part number . Black meaning export ECU... I believe the Indian domestic ECU's have green dot ? Tim can confirm that , or you can look at your on your bike.
By swamp2
Well, here's the thing... I was on ebay this morning drinking my coffee, and saw a used RE PC-V (27-001) out there from a breaker for 1/2 the price of a new one, so I ordered it. But not sure where to go once I get it and install it. Start with the Dynojet map? Or is there a better one somewhere else? The only mod to the bike is a lower restriction (better sounding!) muffler but the dynojet map says stock exhaust. I suspect it's still better than the factory map, but I'd hope to be better optimized than that. Ethanol-free 90 octane is easy to get around here and I run it in all my bikes, I don't know how much difference that would make on the map.

I also put an O2 eliminator on order. Kinda funny that Dynojet would get nervous about including a part with the PC that messes with a pollution control device, since that's exactly what the PC itself does.
By gashousegorilla
swamp2 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:04 am Well, here's the thing... I was on ebay this morning drinking my coffee, and saw a used RE PC-V (27-001) out there from a breaker for 1/2 the price of a new one, so I ordered it. But not sure where to go once I get it and install it. Start with the Dynojet map? Or is there a better one somewhere else? The only mod to the bike is a lower restriction (better sounding!) muffler but the dynojet map says stock exhaust. I suspect it's still better than the factory map, but I'd hope to be better optimized than that. Ethanol-free 90 octane is easy to get around here and I run it in all my bikes, I don't know how much difference that would make on the map.

I also put an O2 eliminator on order. Kinda funny that Dynojet would get nervous about including a part with the PC that messes with a pollution control device, since that's exactly what the PC itself does.

Good deal swamp ! It should come with a USB cord that you can connect from the PC-V to you laptop or PC. And it may also come with the o2 optimizer if it is an older model. And it may have Disk with the kit , so you can install the software onto your computer... ask the seller about this stuff. If it doesn't have the disk, you can download and install the software here...

https://www.dynojet.com/dynojet-motorcy ... commander/

I would start by installing that software and hooking up the PC-V, and lets have a look at what map is actually stored in there. It may be that original Map ... or it may be a custom made map. You can also ask the seller that question. And yeah, if it is that original Canned Map, It will most like be better then what your running on now. But I would take a look and see what inside that PC-V first.

With the the fuel ... Stick to the same fuel that you normally use with the PC-V. Especially if you start getting into tuning with it . Like I had said, Ethanol laced fuel requires things to be a little richer to get the same effects.

Yeah it IS crazy ! I remember talking to the Dynojet tech on the phone and asking him why this latest kit doesn't have the cheater in it ?! I'm putting one of your auto tuner kits on the damn bike , and the stock o2 sensor is being eliminated completely . I HAVE TO use the cheater !! " i'm sorry sir, we just don't offer them anymore " That's when I pinned him down and asked , does this have to do with the recent crack down ? And he said " that certainly plays a role ! " LOL ! Anyway, I figure that if they can don't offer anything that can defeat stock closed loop running, they will at least keep from getting in trouble . Closed loop , when using a narrow band sensor, because it tries to bring the AFR's to 14.7:1 .. like stock.. is where the emissions are cleaner. ;) And most likely to pass an emission test. They test engines for emissions when they are at operating temp... warmed up , at idle and sometimes at a fixed throttle position at a certain RPM . In both cases , the ECU has the motor running in closed loop . ;) The motor is NOT in closed loop in situations like hard roll on the throttle accelerations, or when you are on and off the the throttle. So they leave closed loop alone ... and concentrate the tuning on those non-closed loop situations now. ;) They are trying to walk a fine line here with the laws I think....
By Tim
gashousegorilla wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:36 am There are not a lot of "canned maps" offered by Dynojet for these bikes ,
Swamp send me an email, I can help you with "canned" maps.

gashousegorilla wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:36 am . And the black dot , refers to the colored dot next to the part number . Black meaning export ECU... I believe the Indian domestic ECU's have green dot ? Tim can confirm that , or you can look at your on your bike.
I will look at my bike, but I think the dot is just an inspection mark. Every market has a unique part number for their ECU.
By swamp2
Tim - PM sent, thanks for the offer!

GHG - I'd asked the seller about the O2 eliminator but no dice. He is a breaker, so even if it was originally in the main bike harness he may not have seen it. Similarly with the USB cable and disk. Is there anything special about the USB cable? Guess I'll have to track one down.

The PC was advertised as coming off a Conti GT, so hard to say what the map might be. I'll certainly look at it and save it before messing with anything.

Looking forward to fiddling with it. I've had PC-3's on bikes before but it was always the case where they were on the bike before I got it, and never messed with it.
By gashousegorilla
Tim wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:35 am
gashousegorilla wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:36 am There are not a lot of "canned maps" offered by Dynojet for these bikes ,
Swamp send me an email, I can help you with "canned" maps.

gashousegorilla wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:36 am . And the black dot , refers to the colored dot next to the part number . Black meaning export ECU... I believe the Indian domestic ECU's have green dot ? Tim can confirm that , or you can look at your on your bike.
I will look at my bike, but I think the dot is just an inspection mark. Every market has a unique part number for their ECU.
Cool . Score for swamp !

I believe what I had stated earlier, about that colored dot next to the part number wrongly ? I got confused between the colors and that info listed on the Dynojet canned map. I have green dots next to both of of the ECU's I have here. I'm pretty darn sure , and I was told a long time ago by a pretty reliable source . ;) That the colored dots next to the part numbers , represented where the bikes were going .. as far a i port or export. Black dot would be IDM . I'm pretty sure on that anyway, but I could be wrong....
By gashousegorilla
swamp2 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:24 pm Tim - PM sent, thanks for the offer!

GHG - I'd asked the seller about the O2 eliminator but no dice. He is a breaker, so even if it was originally in the main bike harness he may not have seen it. Similarly with the USB cable and disk. Is there anything special about the USB cable? Guess I'll have to track one down.

The PC was advertised as coming off a Conti GT, so hard to say what the map might be. I'll certainly look at it and save it before messing with anything.

Looking forward to fiddling with it. I've had PC-3's on bikes before but it was always the case where they were on the bike before I got it, and never messed with it.

I hear ya on that Swamp . The GT PC-V is the same ... yeah, same part number as the rest of the UCE's. But I'm sure the map loaded into it is different. You know... 35 more cc's of displacement on that GT. And a little larger throttle body , bigger valve ... that stuff will definitely effect the mapping of a bike. You'll have fun with it I think . Once you get your head around this stuff.. it's much easier and more fun to tune with then a Carb I think .

Something like this is what you need . This one looks just like the ones I have....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DYNOJET-USB-CA ... .l4275.c10
By Tim
It's also the same as a PlayStation 3 controller cord.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]