A Royal Enfield forum for the people

By OlBilford
Oy,that’s enough to make me rethink the vent system.......I’m on it!hahhaha thanks ghg
By Tim
I road all year long in Minnesota (when the roads were clear). I like to brag about the time I did a 40 mile ride when it was 13 degrees. It was cold for sure, my clutch cable was freezing up. I would have to stop and hit the arm on the primary cover with my crescent wrench until it would work again enough to shift. I only did that once! But I don't regret it.

Lots of condensation from the temperature change. When I replaced my sprag I saw mayonnaise in the oil. It's a strange thing when you see it.
By Tim
gashousegorilla wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:13 am You crazy Tim.... haha !
What, at the time I couldn't think of another way to get to the dentist. :)

I will admit it, I waited so long for a bike, that when it finally happened I went a little nuts. The best mods I could afford and I rode all the time everywhere. I once hauled (3) 2 x 4s in my sidecar. Brandy said, "The sidecar is too rickety." and wouldn't ride in it. I couldn't really blame her, the universal mounts are a B to keep in place. She would take the car and I would take the bike to the SAME place. She hated it, but I loved it. I always had a dry place for my helmet and gloves! :D

I am not saying any of this is recommend or even intelligent, but it was a blast
By swamp2
I've never ridden down to 13 degrees, but I've never done as much riding with temps in the 30's as I have since picking up the C5 back on Halloween. It just makes me happy to ride the thing, more than any bike I've had in recent memory. I used to have a policy, don't ride when the temp is less than my age. But that's waaayy too restrictive in upstate NY for someone of my advanced age. I've just learned to dress for it much better.
By Tim
A dude I work with in TX says anything under 70 is a little brisk for riding. :arrow: me :lol:
By gashousegorilla
New Bikes will bring that out of ya , that's for sure . My son just took off on his little R3. I told him HE'S crazy ... Haha ! Now I feel guilty with all this talk of cold weather riding. I'm gonna have to go out now.... Hahaha !
By Tim
gashousegorilla wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:46 pm Here is an example of how I ran the crank vent hose on a G5. This is after a cold ride here of about 20 miles ... temps in the 40's. Notice all that white and tan looking crap inside that vent hose . That is a mixture of oil and water from condensation and nasty combustion by products and such. THAT .. is what would be going into ones air filter and intake if the vent hose were to be hooked up to the stock air box. And you could see out that carp could potentially clog up any kind of PC valve or filter . On a longer and warmer ride that hose will clear up as the engine gets hotter. But even in the summer, initially and until the motor gets hot enough and dispels all that crap... that's what happens.
Hey GHG I am wondering why you decided not to attach the air filter directly to the throttle body?
By gashousegorilla
That little 5 or 6 inch extension help's a bit across the RPM range. It's just made out of a 1 1/2 " Ferco coupling . Haha ! A little more volume of laminar air flow into the intake. How do I now ? I can feel the difference with it on there , and it needed to add more fuel to compensate for the added air. Think... kinda like a small air box here. Turbulent air restricts , it spins and swirls around on it's self and restricts the volume of air . Smooth laminar air flow do not.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]