A Royal Enfield forum for the people

Got too much stuff in your garage? Post it here and you'll have room for new toys in no time.
By swamp2
I've got a Corbin seat that came with my C5 but I want to stick with the solo seat so I don't need it. Looks to be in near perfect shape. These go for $533 on the Corbin site ( :o), I'm thinking $250 plus shipping is a fair price. I want to put a dual seat on my G5, but this won't fit properly due to the rear fender/seat mounting frame piece, so I'm putting a stock RE seat on it. I'll put it on ebay eventually - just thought I'd stick it here first. Can take/post pix but if nobody here cares, I'll save myself the trouble.
By Tim
swamp2 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:32 am I've got a Corbin seat that came with my C5 but I want to stick with the solo seat so I don't need it. Looks to be in near perfect shape. These go for $533 on the Corbin site ( :o), I'm thinking $250 plus shipping is a fair price. I want to put a dual seat on my G5, but this won't fit properly due to the rear fender/seat mounting frame piece, so I'm putting a stock RE seat on it. I'll put it on ebay eventually - just thought I'd stick it here first. Can take/post pix but if nobody here cares, I'll save myself the trouble.
Oh boy, I have never seen one of those in the wild!
By swamp2
Well, I don't know how wild this is! But here's a couple pix. I've been quite happy with the Corbin seats I've had on my BMW's over the years. Particularly because the stock BMW seats (at least on early K bikes) are terrible! But I just don't see ever putting this on my C5. The solo seat with springs is an important part of "the look", for me anyway...
Attachments
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG (4.09 MiB) Viewed 1942 times
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG (4.08 MiB) Viewed 1942 times
IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG (4.31 MiB) Viewed 1942 times
By Tim
Any luck selling the Corbin Swamp? just curious.
By swamp2
Nope. No bites from here or the other forum. I'll probably throw it on ebay eventually, but I recognize it has pretty narrow appeal...
By Guaire
What is the difference in saddle height from the stock dual seat and this one? Or, how many inches high from the frame rails is this one?
Cheers,
Bill
By swamp2
Is there such a thing as a stock dual seat for a Classic? Mine only has the solo seat and I've seen pillion pads on them, but never a dual...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]