A Royal Enfield forum for the people

By Guaire
I should have used hex head bolts under the rocker arms. During the process of the ACE Motors Fireball head, it came time to remove the rockers to access the holes for the mounting bolts. The rockers worked fine because there were no bolts heads under the rocker shaft. As I began to set in the rockers on their perches, something wasn't right. The rockers were not sitting down into their mounting perches. WHAT?
It took awhile to figure out the Allen socket bolts were too high. The intake side was worse the exhaust side. So.... I did some socket head reduction on my grinder. Now the rockers can fit and the installation can go forward. I'll go over to Grainger and get some spares that are hex headed.
How did this happen? One thing that is very different from the stock head is the valve angles. The angles are radically different from stock. These tracts will make the intake charge swirl. This mixes fuel and air better, giving a more efficient combustion. Efficient means more power.
This is a totally custom cylinder head. Stock rules don't apply here. Only hardware components are 'off the shelf'. The installation is where final decisions arise out of necessity. But, so far so good!
Yes, those are Holley jets that will be spraying oil on the rockers.
Attachments
Fireball Shaved Bolts R.jpg
Fireball Shaved Bolts R.jpg (267.01 KiB) Viewed 970 times
Fireball Shaved Bolts L.jpg
Fireball Shaved Bolts L.jpg (278.13 KiB) Viewed 970 times
Fireball Shaved Bolts 2.jpg
Fireball Shaved Bolts 2.jpg (252.12 KiB) Viewed 970 times
By Guaire
I got some hex head bolts. The two short ones and a longer stud, two out of 4. The socket heads, Allen, were tall for the space allowed. With the hex heads I can get to the spark plugs without removing the bolts.
Under the exhaust rocker, the hex fit under the rocker shaft. I had to remove some material from the hex head under intake rocker. There's plenty of room to get a 13mm socket over it. I feel better about it.
Attachments
Plug Space SZ 96.jpg
Plug Space SZ 96.jpg (279.35 KiB) Viewed 879 times
Shaved and Plug SZ 95.jpg
Shaved and Plug SZ 95.jpg (240.39 KiB) Viewed 879 times
Hex Shaved SZ 94.jpg
Hex Shaved SZ 94.jpg (246.61 KiB) Viewed 879 times
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]