A Royal Enfield forum for the people

Excited about a thingamabob you found? Post it here.
By gashousegorilla
Tim, it appears that Ikon and YSS offer progressive front fork springs for the 2009-2017 EFI Bullets . Might be worth a look? No more diving and too soft front ends potentially ...
By Tim
gashousegorilla wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:08 am Tim, it appears that Ikon and YSS offer progressive front fork springs for the 2009-2017 EFI Bullets . Might be worth a look? No more diving and too soft front ends potentially ...
Interesting, I met the Ikon rep at the Dallas IMS show. The shop started advertising their rear shocks shortly after. They are really really nice, superior to the Progressive 412 shocks we used to bolt on. Sadly, no one ever bought a set! At that time Ikon only had cartridges for the front end. Can you put up a link?

My front end dived like crazy. I thought it was due to the sidecar... apparently not.
By gashousegorilla
Yeah, Enfield guys can be a frugal bunch.. myself included. Progressive's ARE expensive , and a lot of guys were heading in the Hagon shock direction I think. They are good shocks to, and probably more fitting for an Enfield ... not inexpensive either though. I believe Emgo makes re-pops of the old Brit Girling shocks for Triumphs and BSA's at a little more reasonable price. They are a bit longer then the stock shocks on the EFI bullets though. ... which may not be a bad thing ! I run 13" Hagon's on my C5 Cafe racer... handles quite nice.

For now, you might want to try a heavier weight fork oil or more of it in that rig Tim. Especially if the fork oil still is that old factory crap they put in there ! A 15w or 20w oil... BTW, super easy to change the fork oil on your G-5 . Unlike the C-5's , where the fork legs have to be taken apart to do it.

Here this is what I found googing around last night...

https://www.ikonshocksusa.com/collectio ... al-enfield

https://www.wemoto.com/bikes/royal_enfi ... ive_by_yss
By Tim
gashousegorilla wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:05 pm For now, you might want to try a heavier weight fork oil or more of it in that rig Tim. Especially if the fork oil still is that old factory crap they put in there ! A 15w or 20w oil... BTW, super easy to change the fork oil on your G-5 . Unlike the C-5's , where the fork legs have to be taken apart to do it.

I'm in-between bikes at the moment (until my kids are grown). On the 2018 OneRide I was tugging a long minding my own business when a Yamaha Magnum crossed the center line and plowed into me. The bike you see on the WCS homepage is the aftermath. No one can believe I was hit by another motorcycle. My response is, "Anything is possible in California." The CHP said they had never seen motorcycle tires as bald as hers. And she had no insurance. Be careful out there people!
By Tim
Doing ok now, it will be 2 years in April.
Broken ankle
Broken wrist
Fractured spinous process
I was in the hospital for just under a month.

I have a bunch of pins in my ankle, it will never be the same or good for that matter. If it wasn't for the ridng boots my foot would probably be gone. It's cool tho, anyone that's been to a CMW rally knows I didn't get around very well to begin with.

I'm super bummed about the bike. Even if I buy the same model it won't be that one! I bugged the boss for years for a bike. Of course I never had any money, so what he gave me was a shop bike that had been reduced to a rolling chassis. A co-worker helped me bring it back to life and much more. That process made me appreciate the bike (the good times and bad). I found out the hard way a Royal Enfield sidecar rig is surprisingly light to PUSH! :o
By gashousegorilla
Glad your doing better Tim. That is ROUGH man ! I am sorry to hear that. Yeah man, I saw that left side cover and was hoping your foot was not on the peg at the time of the hit?! Ouch ! And I hear ya , there is nothing like your own bike that you put together yourself....
By Tim
Thanks! I always thought I would be fine as long as I was always focused and not being an idiot. But something are out of your control.
gashousegorilla wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:05 pm

I was hoping I still had the contract info for the rep, but it's in the "old' work email. I reached out via their website, the springs are listed out of stock, I wonder if they are special order?!?
By gashousegorilla
I'm thinking they may have made a batch of them and maybe it took them a while to sell them, and didn't bother to make another round of them ? Not a lot of Enfield's out there type of thing ? But upgrading the forks springs to progressives is a pretty common thing to do in the rest of the bike world. Not so much with Crotch Rockets ... but definitely cruisers and older bikes with single rate springs. I have used them on a few of the Non-Enfiled bikes that I have built... Honda's , Harley's and etc. ... with good results. I think I'll see if I can find a set and give them a go in Enfield this winter...
By Tim
gashousegorilla wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:22 pm I'm thinking they may have made a batch of them and maybe it took them a while to sell them, and didn't bother to make another round of them ? Not a lot of Enfield's out there type of thing ? But I have built... Honda's , Harley's and etc. ... with good results. I think I'll see if I can find a set and give them a go in Enfield this winter...
At $75.00 that's a reasonable resale, I'd signed up if they will run a single digit batch. Ikon seems pretty solid I fully expect them to get back to me. I'll keep the board up to date.

CMW used to carry HMC's softer front springs for the Iron Barrel. Softer is the opposite of what we are talking about. What's up with that?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]