A Royal Enfield forum for the people

By Guaire
I've been using a Dynatek coil on my Royal Enfield UCEs. It's a big improvement over the stock coil.
To switch to the Fireball head, this means a twin spark set up. The two output is a DC8-1. I just got off the horn with Dynatek support to ask about switching to the dual spark DC8-1. It's one coil with two outputs. This means I don't have to set up a two coil mounting.

Hello Mr. Gorry,

Thank you for reaching out to Dynatek today. For your application, the DC8-1 would work. As you mentioned you have used the DC10-1, the DC8-1 Is very similar in design and features with the exception of one being dual plug while the other is single. I have enclosed a link to the coil on our website so that you may look over the specifications and information on the coil.

Links:
Dyna Igntion Coils Set - Dual Output - 5ohm Dual Plug/Single Fire | Dynatek (dynaonline.com)
https://www.dynaonline.com/dyna-igntion ... ire-dc8-1/

If you have further questions, please don't hesistate to reach out. Have a great day.

Regards,

Gary Lopez
Technical Support
Toll Free: 800-928-3962
By Street_Kleaver
Interesting!

Would it be a benefit on the standard UCE and Iron Barrel heads?

I see my GT535 head has a blank in the casting that could be utilized.
By Ace.cafe
It has been investigated and tried over the decades. There is a minor benefit in smoothness at idle and maybe the lowest riding rpms because there is less chance of a misfire when the spark plug fails to ignite the charge. Other than that, nobody has ever documented any power increase from it on dyno testing.
Technically speaking, it should offer some small power benefit from better combustion efficiency, but it never really showed up on the dyno.
By Guaire
Street_Kleaver wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:23 am Interesting!

Would it be a benefit on the standard UCE and Iron Barrel heads?

I see my GT535 head has a blank in the casting that could be utilized.
One of our friends in Sweden set up the second plug space for a decompressor, instead of a second spark. I've decided to use the extra hole for a second spark plug.
As for starting, I use an old method for my B5 first start of the day ritual.
First, I clear the clutch. Next, I hit the compression resistance. Then, I pull in the clutch and move the cylinder closer to to TDC, hopefully. Then I give the kicker a good kick. With a single Dyna coil my B5 consistently starts in 2 or 1 kicks. After that I'll just use the starter button.
I plan to use the same method on the Fireball equipped CGT.

StreetKleaver - ACE and I sell a whole 'Ignition Kit' for single plug application. The Kit includes a single Dyna coil DC10-1. They are marketed in pairs, usually. I split the factory pair and I sell them as single coils to our customers.
For the Fireball on my CGT, I want to avoid a two coil mount design/fabricate/install. The twin spark DC8-1 takes care of that.

Here's a vid on grounding the single coil set up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9fVUEaiB6I&t=8s
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]