A Royal Enfield forum for the people

A place for new members to say hello
By Street_Kleaver
G'day everyone!

I'm Ben from South East Queensland, Australia.
My constantly evolving Bikes are
2004 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 "E".
2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT535.
My background is Hotrods, Swing and Rock n Roll Dancing, Racing Motocross & Enduro and few custom motorcycles I've been building on and off the last 20 years.

My inspiration behind my builds is drawn upon the tradition Rocker/Ton up/Café racer era. Vintage Speed!
Even keeping to the aesthetic of using, modifying and creating with what I already have on hand. Along with some liberties with modern technology and techniques.
Dual Tradesman Boilermaker and Fitter. So I'm fairy self sufficient with most task and always striving and willing to learn how to make improvements get the most out of my machines.

I'll get a my builds posted up soon. Ton-Up!
Cheers

Ben
By Guaire
Now that's a header pipe!
Aussie Rocker - I see you kept the lower attachment bracket on the header where one belongs. My Carpy header didn't have one. So I had my welding guy add one. It's more than just a nice nod to stock design. I believe it needs to be there. When I had an iron barrel my header wanted to get away from the exhaust port for awhile. A well fastened header means one less potential problem.
Bill G.
By Guaire
Hi Aussie Rocker - I got your question to ACE. Just put up a question on the forum and he will answer here.
BTW - Here's the response:

"He needs to get his compression back up to at least 140-150 psi. Should have stayed with the Price R cams. They are better than any Hitchcock cams.
That situation with H cams and super low compression is part of his throttle response problem and lower rpm power loss. The TM will be a better carb, but his problem is not that.
His listed jets should be in the ballpark,depending on his elevation above sea level and temp. Higher elevations will need jetting more toward the richer end of his listed range."
By Street_Kleaver
Thanks mate.

The stock headers profile was fine. Just the restrictive twin wall with the 29mm-ish ID was junk.

This is a stepped header, the first 50mm is exhaust port matched (34mm) then steps out to the ID of the 1 - 3/4 ID which is about 40.5mm.

I also made it so a larger choice of straight slip on silencers can be used instead of the Model specific ones that have a 15dg bend.

That bracket definitely needs to be there otherwise that header wobbles all over the place!

While I TIG welded it, it was purged with argon so the inside of the pipe has a flush neat weld for better flow. If it wasn't purged it would have a crusty dag that would need grinding flush with a De-bur.

Cheers lads.
Ben
By Street_Kleaver
Guaire wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:30 pm Hi Aussie Rocker - I got your question to ACE. Just put up a question on the forum and he will answer here.
BTW - Here's the response:

"He needs to get his compression back up to at least 140-150 psi. Should have stayed with the Price R cams. They are better than any Hitchcock cams.
That situation with H cams and super low compression is part of his throttle response problem and lower rpm power loss. The TM will be a better carb, but his problem is not that.
His listed jets should be in the ballpark,depending on his elevation above sea level and temp. Higher elevations will need jetting more toward the richer end of his listed range."
Done deal. It's posted in the new reply on a thread I've started in the 1955 Bullet section.

Ben
By Ace.cafe
Regarding my comment about jetting, I should have said that higher elevations want LEANER jetting, not richer.
Sorry for the mistake.
By Street_Kleaver
All good. I'm at a coastal sea level anyway. Carb arrives today.

I'll see how I go!

Thanks guys.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]