A Royal Enfield forum for the people

Searching for that special widget? Post your need here.
By swamp2
Not that it has anything to do with Royal Enfields, but I resurrected a 6 year dead Yamaha 650 Turbo today. It's been an on and off process - but after rebuilding 4 carbs, shim and bucket valve adjustments, adapting a new fuel pump since the original was dead and NLA - it was very satisfying to hear it run. I bought it dead so had no idea what to expect.

Anyway after that ordeal, I sure appreciate the RE! Getting my G5 going was a relative piece of cake!
By Tim
swamp2 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:16 am Not that it has anything to do with Royal Enfields, but I resurrected a 6 year dead Yamaha 650 Turbo today. It's been an on and off process - but after rebuilding 4 carbs, shim and bucket valve adjustments, adapting a new fuel pump since the original was dead and NLA - it was very satisfying to hear it run. I bought it dead so had no idea what to expect.

Anyway after that ordeal, I sure appreciate the RE! Getting my G5 going was a relative piece of cake!
Put up some pictures if you don't mind.
By swamp2
Tim wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:28 am Put up some pictures if you don't mind.
Tim, I tried to stick a couple pix up here, but they error out with "sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached". Pix aren't that big, under 1MB each.
By Tim
The dimensions could also be causing a problem. I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet and get light box install.
By Tim
swamp2 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:33 am
Tim wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:28 am Put up some pictures if you don't mind.
Tim, I tried to stick a couple pix up here, but they error out with "sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached". Pix aren't that big, under 1MB each.
This should be fixed now.
By swamp2
Ok, here's an attempt to post a couple crappy pix as a test. I'll get some better one's up when I get a chance. The turbo isn't too attractive minus it's plastics, I'll get them on this week sometime and revise.

Revised 1/13: Better pix with Turbo plastics on and threw in 1 of my C5 to escalate the RE content!
Attachments
Turbo 2.JPG
Turbo 2.JPG (353.87 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
G5 2.JPG
G5 2.JPG (430.84 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
C5 1.JPG
C5 1.JPG (414.62 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
Last edited by swamp2 on Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By swamp2
Yeah, put the plastics on (see revised pic above), got it out of my basement and romped around for a little bit today. Starts easy and runs really smooth but starts breaking up as if not getting enough gas around 4k. So still needs some love.

I have 2 of these silly things (long story) and my other one has been running pretty good (although it needs a little work now, too) so I know how they're supposed to run. Might have to do some parts swapping between them to diagnose.
By gashousegorilla
Very nice ! I imagine they a getting to be pretty collectible now to . Those Chrome UCE's ain't bad either ! Cool stuff Steve..
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]