A Royal Enfield forum for the people

Feel free to talk about whatever is on your mind
By OlBilford
I’m sure everyone in the world knows this....but I’m putting it up anyway,in a recent magazine article,I read that RENA had donated a number of current uce 500s to local Milwaukee schools, which is great,but the interesting part is they mention a new single is in the works,despite the bullet being axed...I,being a fan of the single cylinder,am ecstatic. The meteor? I’ll betcha..they are also promising a faster ,more powerful single..
By swamp2
Yeah I'm curious to see what they do. If I was RE, I'd just poke out the Himalayan motor and put it in a classically styled bike. It seems like they're committed to keeping that one emissions compliant, and I wouldn't think bumping it 100cc would change the basic emissions profile all that much.
By OlBilford
Why does emissions control always mean restrained performance? I’m sure there is something I would never understand behind it...just make the damn thing run fast and clean...hahahha
By Ace.cafe
Because it typically means using less fuel by lean burning. The fuel is where the energy comes from. It is also what creates the emissions. There can be some efficiency gains from improved combustion designs. Beyond that, things like exhaust gas recirculation, air injection pumps, catalytic converters that restrict exhaust flow, all compromise performance in one way or another to reduce power output.
So, it is common to just increase displacement to get more power back because the bigger engine has more mechanical torque advantage, such as larger piston area for the combustion pressure to act upon, and/or longer stroke for leverage.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]