A Royal Enfield forum for the people

By Tim
gashousegorilla wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:53 pm Does anyone out there have a picture of the piston and the combustion chamber on one of these Himalayan motors ?
I don't have said pictures, but maybe they can be had. What exactly do you need to see?
The shape of the combustion chamber Tim... the head flipped over showing the valve heads and seats. Curious on the shape of the chamber. Also the piston crown or top of the piston. Curious if it is a flat top , or dished or domed piston. Knocking around idea's with 9fingers about possibly increasing the compression ratio and or displacement on one of these motors .
By Tim
gashousegorilla wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:09 am The shape of the combustion chamber Tim... the head flipped over showing the valve heads and seats. Curious on the shape of the chamber. Also the piston crown or top of the piston. Curious if it is a flat top , or dished or domed piston. Knocking around idea's with 9fingers about possibly increasing the compression ratio and or displacement on one of these motors .
I'll see if the local custom shop here has tore into one and possibly took pictures. It might be faster if WCS donated one, I'll look into the cost.
Yeah, best to get ones hands on one, and have a thorough look see. Maybe one day ... but like I said, just throwing around idea's at the moment. Might be able to bore one out to a 440 or a 450 depending on the cylinder liner ? A little more compression may not hurt either ? Pistons are easy to have made. Those Himalayan motors with their overhead cam and higher compression seem to run about 4-5 more HP at the wheel then a stock 500 UCE. Just thinking 30 HP or so at the wheel on one of these might be pretty easy.....
By Oatmeal
Don't know if you are aware but, Hitchcock cycle parts in the UK has a 462 big bore kit that they sell complete with cylinder and forged piston with all the gaskets and such ($$).
Or, they'll sell just the piston for those with machining abilities.
Either way, that'd be pretty cool!
Do you guys follow the Dutch girl's travells on her Himalayan?
Her you tube channel is called "Itchy boots" check her out.
Hans
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]