A Royal Enfield forum for the people

By swamp2
Do UCE's have an exhaust gasket? I had to take the pipe off and didn't see one but now I can't get it to seal at the head...
By gashousegorilla
swamp2 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:13 pm Do UCE's have an exhaust gasket? I had to take the pipe off and didn't see one but now I can't get it to seal at the head...
The original early UCE's had a grey fibrous head pipe gasket... and they would tend to blow apart. I'm thinking that is what happened to yours swamp. Those copper crush type gaskets that Tim is selling are MUCH better.
By swamp2
Ok Tim, I ordered a couple. But does it make any sense that there wouldn't be one in there? Or did it just go flying out somewhere in my garage when I pulled the pipe?

EDIT: OK GHG, I think our posts crossed. Thanks for the insight.
By Tim
Swamp is officially a customer, now we are cooking with gas! :b2
By swamp2
Oh, it's likely just the tip of the iceberg. I actually was considering the 7" LED headlight since I was in there but they're out of stock? Also looked like they got a little pricier than I recalled...
By Tim
The mounting rings are out of stock (you won't need them for your twin). :) I had an introductory price set, I was sweating since there were so many questions around compatibility. But I was able to run through the stock, so back up we go! Ask one of the OG's to use their discount :roflol . I'm just kidding if you want one the price won't stand between us, just ask Bilford he knows.
By gashousegorilla
swamp2 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:43 pm Ok Tim, I ordered a couple. But does it make any sense that there wouldn't be one in there? Or did it just go flying out somewhere in my garage when I pulled the pipe?

EDIT: OK GHG, I think our posts crossed. Thanks for the insight.
No problem. You know swamp ... Just thinking here. If THAT is the bike that had the RICH idle and start up issue and etc ? Running without a gasket at that head pipe connection may have contributed. If air was being drawn into that connection as the exhaust gases went by , your o2 sensor would "see" that as a lean condition and add more fuel. We have seen carbon fouled o2 sensors before , from leaks at that connection. Take a look at your o2 sensor ... It may look like a carbon fouled spark plug.

When I install those copper crush gaskets , I put a thin coat of Permatex high temp Ultra copper on them. It helps with a better seal, and it sticks them in place when your putting the pipe back in.
By swamp2
GHG, checked the O2 sensor. It doesn't look particularly bad. I really don't think I had a leak there before, it has a very noticeable harsh noise when it leaks.

It's 53 here today. Since the G5 is feeling under the weather, I'm gonna head out for a nice ride on the C5.
By OlBilford
When I got my 2016 classic chrome, the first long ride I took, it was acting funky....back firing...sputtering and the like...it was the lack of a gasket ....I tightened it it was good for a short time,but it was acting up again.then I took it apart to research,no gasket at all...copper...paper...nothing. Now it’s amazing...with a gasket and a lil loctite...no more sputters or sloppy backfires...I bet your gasket will fix most of not all...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]