A Royal Enfield forum for the people

By Oatmeal
Does anybody find the look of the new twins a little too modern?
Well, I didn't like the look of the clear glass headlamp or the cheesy looking turn signal lamps.
So, I switched to a fluted glass headlamp (Thanks Tim!) and swapped out the wobbly rubber stalked turn signal lamps for some early style Lucas units.
Man, what an improvement! Gave it a real vintage look!
Wish I knew how to post pics so I could share.
Hans
By swamp2
I've watched a lot of youtube reviews on the 650's as I've been considering purchase of one. The reviews are pretty much universally positive, although a lot of them have ripped on the cheesy turn signals. And the mirrors. I guess I haven't spent enough time with one yet to say they bother me - but you're obviously not alone!

It's pretty easy to post pics - just hit the "upload attachment" below when replying, click the "add files", select the .jpg's you want to post, and Bob's your uncle!
By DanFromVegas
Oatmeal wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:48 am Does anybody find the look of the new twins a little too modern?
Well, I didn't like the look of the clear glass headlamp or the cheesy looking turn signal lamps.
So, I switched to a fluted glass headlamp (Thanks Tim!) and swapped out the wobbly rubber stalked turn signal lamps for some early style Lucas units.
Man, what an improvement! Gave it a real vintage look!
Wish I knew how to post pics so I could share.
Hans
In India they came with fluted headlights and rectangle turn signals. They lust after our setup while we like theirs!
By Oatmeal
Yeah,
It's a great bike, just needed a little fine tuning.
The headlamp, turn signals....
I also replaced the mufflers with the Indian made AEWs (reminiscent of the Norton "pea shooters") and had some custom adapters machined so that I could fit some Napoleon bar end mirrors...didn't care for the Royal Enfield ones.
It looks and sounds so much better but, doesn't have that cadence of the older bikes because of the 270* crank but, nice all the same.
I did make one modern concession though, I installed a Corbin seat because the original was agony on longer rides.
The optional "touring" seat was no better :-(
Hans
Last edited by Oatmeal on Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Oatmeal
I did try posting pics as you suggested but, it said "error file too large" I'll try again when I feel better, been home sick all this week.
No, not "THE" virus :shock:
Hans
By Tim
Oatmeal wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:04 pm I did try posting pics as you suggested but, it said "error file too large" I'll try again when I feel better, been home sick all this week.
No, not "THE" virus :shock:
Hans
Attachments have been a struggle since the birth of the Bullet board, sometimes I wonder if the admin knows what he is doing?!? There is an ad-on program that will automatically re-size photos but I haven't invested the resources to put it in place yet. Mostly because not enough members have complained :roflol To clarify, every member has complained there just aren't enough members to form a mob. :lol: Currently the max dimension is set at 800 px height or width.
By Tim
Here Are the pictures I think Hans is trying to upload.

nice MODS Hans!
Attachments
hans3.jpg
hans3.jpg (103.87 KiB) Viewed 2596 times
hans2.jpg
hans2.jpg (139.43 KiB) Viewed 2596 times
Hans.jpg
Hans.jpg (107.03 KiB) Viewed 2596 times
By OlBilford
The Lucas style indicators are sah-wheet!! I would like to put those on the ol Classic...is that the autopal lens? I love the autopal lens,I’m not sure why,but I do. I have them on two bikes and a Minda set up on one...the Minda is great,but I like the looks of the autopal...I don’t NOT like the Mindas look...hahahha Oy,a comment about indicators has turned into this....
By Oatmeal
Yeah,
Found them on eBay.
They're actually genuine Lucas, only a few bucks more than the replicas!
They weren't exactly plug and play though, I had to add a ground wire and ordered some oem style connectors so, I could always put everything back to stock if I wanted.
Oh, and thanks Tim!
Hans
By Oatmeal
Also been thinking about adding the rubber tank knee pads and replacing the tank emblems with some gold Royal Enfield script decals.
Wadda you guys think?
Hans
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]