A Royal Enfield forum for the people

A place for new members to say hello
By swamp2
The G5 is running and looking great. I actually slightly prefer it to my C5 in some ways. I haven't been riding it much as it hasn't been legally registered whereas my C5 was, with the NY DMV locations having been shut down I wasn't sure how to get it sorted out. But once I looked into it, found you could drop off all the forms at the DMV and they would do it. So I did that last week (for the G5 and 3 other bikes!) and am now awaiting the plates. I know they've already hit my debit card for the charges.

I admit I have run it around some with the C5's plate on it, figured it would take a pretty sharp eyed officer to notice the difference between a black/chrome '12 C5 and '09 G5.
By DanFromVegas
I'm also awaiting the return of bureaucrats. My C5, INT650 and Rokon Ranger are all "sharing" the same plate. When they finally accepted appointments the first one I could get was the middle of August.
By swamp2
NY DMV finally opened for appointments only a handful of weeks ago. But new vehicle registration was not one of the things they would accept an appt for, oddly enough. The "drop box" was the only way you could get this done. I guess you just can't be in a big hurry.

My only real risk running the G5 with the C5 plate is that it doesn't have a current (or non-current) NY inspection sticker on it, having come from Ohio. Unfortunately this is a pretty obvious red flag to an officer, so I've been pretty careful about when/where I've been riding it.
By Tim
Swamp You should change your handle to Outlaw. :D I think you'll be fine. Where I come from heading out with expired tags, no license, a cracked windshield, and 5 people in the back seat is common place. Aren't all the cops busy enforcing new capacity limits, they don't have time to hassle you.
By swamp2
Tim, I'm sure you're right, but I still have 4 bikes legal - registered/inspected/plated- so there hasn't been much reason to push my luck TOO aggressively...

Respectfully,
The Outlaw
By Classic Old Dude
Just came aboard and wanted to say hello to everyone. I bought a Classic 500 because it takes me back to my younger days, working in a motorcycle shop in the early 1970's. We worked on all bikes of the time, but I remember most my fascination with the British bikes. Being a moto crosser, I dreamed of owning a Rickman! This Classic 500 just brings a smile to my face when I ride it! :D
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]