A Royal Enfield forum for the people

By swamp2
So it was a relatively nice day yesterday and I went out for a ride and some errands on my '12 C5. The bike has always had an issue with the speedo, it would take a quarter mile or so before it would start registering speed - then seemed normal. Well, yesterday started the same way. But after riding for a while, I was looking at the gauge just as the needle dropped to zero.

Turns out the cable broke. It looked like it had a rusty weak spot about 6" down from the gauge and it gave out. I snarled briefly and remembered the PO had given me a bag of spares that were provided with the bike when he got it - lo and behold there was a speedo cable in there! How cool is that? 8-) What other company gives you a bag of useful spares like that? I think there's still a clutch cable too. I don't know if they still do that, but I thought that was a really thoughtful thing to do.

Other than that, the bike ran great. It's dead stock and does feel a bit constrained compared to my G5 lab experiment, but I don't feel the need to mess with it. The exhaust tone could be a bit nicer and I may do something with that eventually, just focusing on the G5 mods for now.
By Tim
Royal Enfield still gives out the goodies just not in the U.S. They even came with a spare tube at one time.
By Tim
Although I have an idea, I shouldn't speculate. Call RENA and ask. Do the new owners manuals still state the kit is included?
By DanFromVegas
You get the bike and the included tool kit. Some early British buyers got a coffee mug and a few other goodies but not like my 2010. Then I got a box with spare cables, tubes and even paint!
By Oatmeal
When I bought my Interceptor.....oh excuse me, INT 650, I was viewing Stuart Fillingham's YouTube channel and he was reviewing the"New owners gift box"
I started thinking, "hey I didn't get mine!"
So, I emailed RE and they informed me that US customers didn't get one!
WTF!
Hans
By OlBilford
thats kinda crappy...why is our purchase any different? I bought three of them in four years...I want a damn coffee cup...I bought stupid fitting t shirts...new this and that because the one that came on it broke...new batteries right out of the gate for EACH ONE OF THEM! A fortune in bulbs and bolts , a complete fuel system and what seems like gallons of loctite... hahahaha...welp, I reckon that’s the charm...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]