A Royal Enfield forum for the people

By swamp2
Personally, I think the tank emblems are pretty classy and really like them as is. But the knee pads are functional and don't compromise the appearance or vintageness at all. I might be inclined to put them on myself. If I had a 650, that is...
By Tim
Oatmeal wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:59 am Also been thinking about adding the rubber tank knee pads
Hans
Are you considering the Motone knee pads? If so, I could order them to save you the hassle of the international shipping and exchange rate. I haven't looked but my prices are usually under the Motone direct cost.
By OlBilford
Oatmeal wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:52 am Yeah,
Found them on eBay.
They're actually genuine Lucas, only a few bucks more than the replicas!
They weren't exactly plug and play though, I had to add a ground wire and ordered some oem style connectors so, I could always put everything back to stock if I wanted.
Oh, and thanks Tim!
Hans
Well,if”n I would wipe the crap out my eyes I would have seen LUCAS on the lens....hahhaha always firing off before I absorb the situation!hahahha I hate to tell a man what to do with his bike,but we’re it mine...I’d keep that tank badge...it’s cool... and authentic . Bumptious I always say we should do our bikes as we wish,not others...that’s applicable to everything in life,really. Either way,it’s a swell lookin machine.
Bilf
By OlBilford
DanFromVegas wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:54 pm
Oatmeal wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:48 am Does anybody find the look of the new twins a little too modern?
Well, I didn't like the look of the clear glass headlamp or the cheesy looking turn signal lamps.
So, I switched to a fluted glass headlamp (Thanks Tim!) and swapped out the wobbly rubber stalked turn signal lamps for some early style Lucas units.
Man, what an improvement! Gave it a real vintage look!
Wish I knew how to post pics so I could share.
Hans
In India they came with fluted headlights and rectangle turn signals. They lust after our setup while we like theirs!
I “needed “ that rectangle indicator Look on my gt 535..and I found some nice emgo aluminum ones with a smoked lens...looks close enough for horseshoes for ol bilford,and they are of a nicer quality than oem.. I should post a photo,but my tech savvy is on the early to mid 2000’s...
By Oatmeal
Tim wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:33 am
Oatmeal wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:59 am Also been thinking about adding the rubber tank knee pads
Hans
Are you considering the Motone knee pads? If so, I could order them to save you the hassle of the international shipping and exchange rate. I haven't looked but my prices are usually under the Motone direct cost.
I might take you up on that real soon!
Union Jack version or plain?
Motone as well as Hitchcock's websites say they're out of stock at the moment.
I'm still up in the air about the tank badge....
You tube channel "Dorman Diaries" has a video about removal and shows his bike with the decals installed. Check it out!
Hans
By OlBilford
Does look nice without the badges,I can’t argue with that!i think I prefer the badges because I don’t have them,always greener on the other side...hahaha
By Oatmeal
OlBilford wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:55 pm Does look nice without the badges,I can’t argue with that!i think I prefer the badges because I don’t have them,always greener on the other side...hahaha
I just can't leave anything alone.....have to fiddle with everything! :roll:
Hans
By swamp2
From what I've observed, that is a fairly typical characteristic of Royal Enfield owners...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]