A Royal Enfield forum for the people

The one that started it all!
By Mrunderhill1975a
I have been losing my foot peg rubber every month or so. I attempted to glue the rubber onto the steel peg, but with changing temperature, vibration etc, the glue only seems to hold for a short time. I recently stumbled upon a old tip from a 1928 popular mechanics article. The tip was from I.J. Stretten, of Detroit Michigan:
If the rubber casing of your Royal Enfield motorcycle is not secure and slips off, this is a solution. Cut a disk of 16 guage brass, using a ballpeen hammer, form the brass disk into a cup shape, then drill the disk and foot peg shank for a 3/16" screw. Tap the hole to the proper thread and insert screw through disk and tighten the screw on the shank. This elevates the problem completely and make a shiny brass disk on the end of the foot peg .
Attachments
End view Foot Peg secure
End view Foot Peg secure
IFootpeg screw small.png (606.89 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
Secure the foot peg rubber.
Secure the foot peg rubber.
footpeg securesmall.png (357.63 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
By Tim
Mrunderhill1975a wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:00 pm I have been losing my foot peg rubber every month or so. I attempted to glue the rubber onto the steel peg, but with changing temperature, vibration etc, the glue only seems to hold for a short time. I recently stumbled upon a old tip from a 1928 popular mechanics article. The tip was from I.J. Stretten, of Detroit Michigan:
If the rubber casing of your Royal Enfield motorcycle is not secure and slips off, this is a solution. Cut a disk of 16 guage brass, using a ballpeen hammer, form the brass disk into a cup shape, then drill the disk and foot peg shank for a 3/16" screw. Tap the hole to the proper thread and insert screw through disk and tighten the screw on the shank. This elevates the problem completely and make a shiny brass disk on the end of the foot peg .
This is a cool tip! However, I find myself wondering...how in the Bloody H is your foot peg rubber slipping off?? It's a round hole whole being forced onto a triangular shaft haha sounds dirty but it's true.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]