A Royal Enfield forum for the people

Excited about a thingamabob you found? Post it here.
By Tim
I decided to bring in some aftermarket silencers for the 650, to give people another option besides S&S. There is nothing wrong with the S&S pipes besides the price tag. These pipes are going to hit a price point that is easy to swallow and the quality is nice.
Attachments
Twin Exhaust.3.jpg
Twin Exhaust.3.jpg (179.73 KiB) Viewed 1247 times
Twin Exhaust.2.jpg
Twin Exhaust.2.jpg (109.15 KiB) Viewed 1247 times
Twin Exhaust.1.jpg
Twin Exhaust.1.jpg (75.14 KiB) Viewed 1247 times
By DanFromVegas
Can you post a few details? Are they available in chrome? Are the baffles removable? Approximate price range?
By Tim
DanFromVegas wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:14 pm Can you post a few details? Are they available in chrome? Are the baffles removable? Approximate price range?
Removable baffle yes.

Stainless only to start (I would take a special order request).

I can't speculate on the price until I that the landed cost. Does anyone know the asking price for the S&S? I heard $650 but I haven't verified it. If that is accurate mine will be close to half that.
By Tim
Tim wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:10 pm
DanFromVegas wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:14 pm Can you post a few details? Are they available in chrome? Are the baffles removable? Approximate price range?
Removable baffle yes.

I can't speculate on the price until I have the landed cost. Does anyone know the asking price for the S&S? I heard $650 but I haven't verified it. If that is accurate mine will be close to half that.
By gashousegorilla
Tim wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:10 pm
Removable baffle yes.

I can't speculate on the price until I that the landed cost. Does anyone know the asking price for the S&S? I heard $650 but I haven't verified it. If that is accurate mine will be close to half that.
They look good Tim ! I agree that a chrome version would look better with the chrome pipe... and may even bring the cost down. I believe one of the reasons S&S is making them in stainless, is in part because they claim to be 50 state legal. Stainless LASTS, and there are LONG Emission warranties that manufacturers have to offer now. They also have a Cat in the muffler. They don't want to get in trouble with the feds and California. They are BIG target! ;) Those mufflers are $675 !! I'm hearing from guys out on the west coast, that they can't even use a Dyno in their shops anymore to tune bikes , or they will get a 10,000 fine . Dynojet is another story and they are cracking down on them as well. They won't even supply a narrow band o2 sensor eliminator with their PC-5's any more.

It looks like the S&S "race only, race licence required " version are $475 on the S&S site. And you can only get them from an S&S dealer.
By Tim
Tim wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:11 pm I can't speculate on the price until I have the landed cost. Does anyone know the asking price for the S&S? I heard $650 but I haven't verified it. If that is accurate mine will be close to half that.
Well I didn't quite cut it in half but I came close at $360. The DHL mafia got paid on both ends of this shipment! :evil:

https://westerncyclesupply.com/performance-exhaust/

I like the fact that this 2nd gen design got rid of cheesy "universal" style mounting bracket. But man that mounting hole isn't the slightest bit slotted. I'm nervous about it for sure.
By DanFromVegas
gashousegorilla wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:32 pm
It looks like the S&S "race only, race licence required " version are $475 on the S&S site. And you can only get them from an S&S dealer.
I ordered a set of S&S. They say they are backordered a month. Details to follow.
By Tim
Maybe you already told me this, but do you have a 650?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]