A Royal Enfield forum for the people

The one that started it all!
By bobscogin
Thanks for the reply. One bit of information I got on another forum about the AGZ gearbox was that the application is Interceptor, but whatever it is the gear change mechanism appears that it will fit the Indian Bullet gearbox. As for the metal disk, opinions I'm getting on other forums is that it doesn't belong in the transmission it fell out of, so I'm going to ignore it and proceed with the right side shifter conversion.

Bob
By bobscogin
After getting back to the conversion to right side shifter on my '98 Bullet using parts from a 60's Interceptor, I've discovered that the inner cover mainshaft bearings are different. The Albion in the Redditich built Interceptor uses a bearing with "Imperial" dimensions, and the Indian built cover uses a larger metric dimensioned 6303 bearing. So, I'm looking for a right side shift Indian built inner cover. Tim, or anyone else -- do you have one? They're readily available out of India but I'd like to source one a little closer to save some time. As for the outer cover, it looks like the Albion cover will fit the Indian inner cover. Hope I'm not in for another surprise on that! Just another learning experience. :D

Bob
I only have the left shift inner cover, so I can't help. Is it just the bearing size itself that is the problem or is the length and position of the main shaft also a problem? I ask only to inquire if there is a metric dimension bearing with similar dimensions to the Imperial bearing that could be fitted.
By bobscogin
I don't think there's a metric bearing that will work. The bearing in the Albion box is 1.812"OD X .625" bore by .625" wide. The 6303 dimensions are 1.851"X .669" X .552. So, it's .039" larger on the OD, but .073" narrower. Other than the difference in the diameters of the mainshafts to accommodate the bearing bore difference, I'm not aware of other differences. Looks to me like I could bore the Albion cover .039" larger and put a .073"thick spacer under it and it would work, but I hate to cut up a good Albion cover if I can find the right one. They're not that expensive. Thanks,

Bob
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]