A Royal Enfield forum for the people

A place for new members to say hello
By Narada
Update; The guy in France couldn't find anything on the Chrome Unicorn. He did however send me a Pay Pal link for me to pay an additional $43.00 for shipping the black one to the US. I suspected the initial $6.00 fee would not be enough! Feels just like Hitchcocks, lol! ;)
By Tim
Narada wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:03 pm These are also an alternative from the French site. Not shiney chrome, but should hold bags nicely. I've emailed them as to availability, just not holding my breath. None have replied to me yet...

https://www.speedmotoservices.com/acces ... x=imagenkl
Is it a single round tube? So what was your total all in? If it's the same one I saw at your link I bet you a nickle we could get some American manufacturing going on and save a dime. See what I did there?? haha
By Narada
There are two different pannier supports in this story. The chrome one I no longer can find, which is partially pictured supporting the saddlebags, that one is a single main longitudinal tube, maybe 1" or so dia. And as I remember from pictures I saw in the past, one down tube at the back, maybe 3/8", extending down from the main longitudinal tube at 90°, to the large lower mudguard stay.

It had round flat discs at each end of the main tube and little "bungs" to hold bag straps in proper location, all chrome plated. It attached to the bike at the upper shock bolt and large lower stay.

I thought a pair of those just might look nice running along side my chrome / maroon fender with the black stays and saree guard, while supporting my tan RE soft bags nice and level.

I could just see the sparkles now! Alas, it is not yet meant to be... Maybe I could fab up a pair with a jig for making more, or someone else could, but then they would need to be chromed, unless you went with powder coat or Krylon!

The other is pictured in one of those links. It's black, and kind of "J" shaped, with at least one bag retaining "bung". It looks like it may sit lower down on the side of bike, not sure?

I don't think it would even be visible behind bags, so it is indiscreet with zero "bling" potential. It should do a fine job of level bag supporting though, so I have settled for it. It too could be made by either myself or someone else...

Let me see how that black "J" (not a doobie) support works out once it arrives. I'll be sure to post results and take it from there.

I don't recall what the total cost for the "J" supports was, somewhere around $150.00 - $175.00 with shipping. Now to wait... :roll:
By Narada
FWIW, First Racer is a Triumph, Ural, Chiang Jang, and Royal Enfield dealer, so this could actually be a European only (though I can't imagine why) factory part... :?:

Also due to the absurd shipping cost, I will be getting all the free stickers and assorted swag that Fred in France can throw in! 8-)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]