A Royal Enfield forum for the people

By Tim
Apparently cylinder head cover gaskets for the 650's are hard to come by in the UK at the moment. I have sold a handful across the pond via eBay. If you want to play it safe and pick one up HERE is a link, I only have 3 left.
By DanFromVegas
Everyone recommends replacing them with each oil change but that's overkill. I'm not due for a service for a while but I'll get a spare next time, just in case. They are impossible to get lined up while installing the cover. I used 3M spray adhesive to hold mine in place. It's so easy even I can do it. :D The 3M is like contact cement. Spray some on the gasket, spray some on the cover and let dry. Then put the gasket on the cover. Simple!
By Tim
DanFromVegas wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:18 am Everyone recommends replacing them with each oil change but that's overkill. I'm not due for a service for a while but I'll get a spare next time, just in case. They are impossible to get lined up while installing the cover. I used 3M spray adhesive to hold mine in place. It's so easy even I can do it. :D The 3M is like contact cement. Spray some on the gasket, spray some on the cover and let dry. Then put the gasket on the cover. Simple!
Yeah, I saw that conversation. I didn't quite follow it to be honest. The gasket (seal) is grooved on one side, does that not help line it up?
By DanFromVegas
Not at all. It is as if it is designed to slip out of place. Spray glue is a simple solution. Or you can spend way too much time being a purist ;)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]