A Royal Enfield forum for the people

Excited about a thingamabob you found? Post it here.
By gashousegorilla
Yeah, let us know Tim. I'd rather buy them from you. I'm not in a huge hurry anyway , what with snow moving in tomorrow.. :( Do check the part numbers on the stock springs though, because there may be a difference between the different UCE bikes front springs. The G-5 has a different for leg then the C-5 , and the later C-5 has a different for leg from the earlier C-5's. They may or may not all use the same length springs ? But it wouldn't SHOCK me if they did.

Softer ? Really ? Ummmm.... I don't know ? My experience with The UCE's has been that they love to dive in the front end. Too soft for me anyway , and I have found myself compensating for the stock spring with heavier weight fork oil. Progressives aren't really a stiffer spring... well ?... maybe stiffer then stock ! But, they act like a single rate spring and ride soft for normal riding and small bumps , but on lager and harder bumps and hits, that progressively tighter wound spring absorbs the hard hits better ... Kinda like a compromise or the best of both worlds , vs having a soft spring or hard spring installed in the bike.
By Tim
gashousegorilla wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:14 am Yeah, let us know Tim.
Ikon just kicked me to a distributor "Resto Cycle" and they have no interest in selling the springs. Like most things in life it won't be as easy as I had hoped.
By gashousegorilla
Ah well ... It was a good thought. No worries. I don't see a ton of guys pulling their fork legs apart to stick the springs in anyway. Bit of a big job to do on an Enfield fork.
By Tim
gashousegorilla wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:44 pm Ah well ... It was a good thought. No worries. I don't see a ton of guys pulling their fork legs apart to stick the springs in anyway. Bit of a big job to do on an Enfield fork.
Meh, if it's too easy it's no fun!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]