A Royal Enfield forum for the people

By mgm
Does the "improved" sprag assembly retrofit into the AVL engine or just first Gen. UCE? What options are there for AVL sprag replacement.
By Tim
mgm wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:52 pm Does the "improved" sprag assembly retrofit into the AVL engine or just first Gen. UCE? What options are there for AVL sprag replacement.
There is an improved sprag for the AVL but it's completely different from the UCE.

You can swap out the old one for the new one as an assembly, but no individual pieces.
By mgm
Can you source the parts? It looks like Hitchcocks has the whole assembly, but it's not clear it's AVL compatible. Thier part number is 592593
By swamp2
592593 is the # for the assembly I recently put on my UCE ('09 G5). I suspect it will not be usable on an AVL.
By Tim
swamp2 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:17 pm 592593 is the # for the assembly I recently put on my UCE ('09 G5). I suspect it will not be usable on an AVL.
Swamp is correct, the PN for the AVL / Electra/Iron Barrel version is 147873. I can find one I will email you the price.
By mgm
Thanks, Tim for you assistance. I look forward to hearing from you. And thanks swmp2 for your clarification. My AVL Deluxe is also an '09. I think they were using up the few remaining Iron Barrel frames and AVL engines. I've been kick starting it for 5 plus years, but just turned 70 and it would be nice to push a button occasionally.
By Tim
I found one, it should arrive Monday. With some luck the correct version will be in the box. The odds have increased since I have it on good authority the "old" version is no longer available. It only took 5 years for that well to dry up.

It just dawned on me that you probably need the inner primary cover caskets gaskets that I don't have....baby steps I guess.
By mgm
No problem. Please gat the gasket. And since the original is still on there, let's get the one for the outer cover too. Thanks for your efforts.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]